Established in 2002, we are an open, non-profit association of members that has created a thriving global ecosystem. Anyone can join our membership comprised of businesses, universities and government agencies from around the globe. Our activities and direction are determined by members as they act to meet evolving needs in a fast-paced world.
Today, we've created a growing family of innovative, reliable and easy-to-use ZigBee standards.
Leveraging our global perspective, we work together to develop standards that ultimately deliver greater freedom and flexibility for a smarter, more sustainable world. As a result of this focus, ZigBee:
- Provides green, low-power and open global wireless networking standards focused on monitoring, control and sensor applications.
- Allows products to run on harvested energy or batteries for years with its low-power wireless standards, making greener lifestyles possible.
- Uniquely connects dramatically different types of devices into a single network, giving you unprecedented control.
- Offers a variety of intelligent features designed to ensure devices communicate in any environment, and around the world.
- Is simple to set up and can easily grow to meet your needs and deliver years of maintenance-free use.
Our members come from organizations of all types from around the world. Our members include multi-national, well known public companies, governmental regulatory groups, universities and entrepreneurial start-ups. In Japan and China, our members even created groups focused on developing greater understanding and adoption of ZigBee across those countries' powerful technology industries. We also have regional member groups for Europe and Australia, allowing members in those areas to collaborate and promote ZigBee standards adoption.